openstack-nova update

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Wed Nov 30 19:21:00 UTC 2011

On 11/30/2011 12:35 PM, Robert Kukura wrote:

>>> That's a good idea.
>>>
>>> I was also thinking about adding more command line options to make sure
>>> it could be run non-interactively if it were to be used in an automated
>>> install.
>>
>> I'm looking to implement this db change for keystone too, so maybe it
>> would make sense to have generalized db setup script in
>> openstack-common package?
>> Mark, you're working on that upstream, right? Would that package be a
>> right place for such common scripts or is it for Python modules only?
>
> The quantum plugins use MySQL and would probably make use of this as
> well. For essex, I expect each plugin to be a separate openstack-quantum
> sub-package, or more likely a pair of them in order to keep the
> config/dbsetup/etc stuff separate from the python modules.

Combining all of these into one script seems like a fine idea, but I
think it would make sense to make it optional which component(s) it is
configuring the database for.

I also considered whether such a script belonged upstream or not.  Right
now it's doing some Fedora specific stuff though, like offering to
install mysql-server for you if it's not already installed.  It could
eventually be made more generic, but that takes time and effort.  :-)

--
Russell Bryant