Beta AMI announcement?

Max Spevack mspevack at fedoraproject.org
Tue Oct 4 16:59:10 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

I know that there was work afoot to release the F16 Beta AMi on the same
day as the rest of F16 Beta.

Is that something that is good to go?  And if it's not, what was the
thing that blocked or held up the release of the Beta?  The last AMI
that I can see owned by aws at fedoraproject.org is
125523088429/Fedora-16-Beta-ec2-20110923-x86_64-sda -- I played around
with that AMI and while I think there were a few cloud-init issues, it
worked well enough to get the authorized_keys in the right place.

I'd also recommend that it become part of the schedule and workflow to
update the get.fedoraproject.org page with a link to the AMI IDs, as
well as the EC2 Images wiki page itself, with those AMI IDs.  Not only
for Alpha/Beta, but definitely for GA.

Maybe even add a blurb to the release announcement when it talks about
the different ways to consume Fedora.

To me, those are the sorts of actions that begin to put Fedora on EC2 at
a similar level to some of the other architectures, etc.

Good think Fedora's PM and RelEng are on this list :)

--Max