Beta AMI announcement?

Garrett Holmstrom gholms at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 5 05:31:16 UTC 2011

On 2011-10-04 20:14, Garrett Holmstrom wrote:
> On 2011-10-04 12:06, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
>> I have no idea what the status is. Dennis mentioned the other day that
>> the latest thing he had wasn't working (while we were in milan) - beyond
>> that, without a ticket or etc. i have no idea.
>
> But I do. :) cloud-init is currently doing things that make SElinux
> unhappy in such a way that one cannot log in. Dennis and I are working
> on the problem.

[Insert commentary about replying to oneself here]  8^)

I just tested a small fix by hand that appears to resolve the login
issue.  When I get a chance I will spin a new cloud-init package that
contains it in the hopes that we can get a working image out of koji.

An unrelated issue I noticed is that the images that koji generates seem
to contain no man pages, and even installing packages that are supposed
to contain them does not make them appear on the system.  Any ideas?

root at i-8d7dd3ca ~ # find /usr/share/man -type f | wc -l
0
root at i-8d7dd3ca ~ # yum -y install man-pages >/dev/null