Checking in on OpenStack plans for Cloud Test Day

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Mon Oct 17 22:02:31 UTC 2011

On 10/17/2011 05:49 AM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-10-14 at 23:36 +0100, Pádraig Brady wrote:
>> On 10/14/2011 09:35 PM, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
>>> Hi Folks,
>>>
>>> We have the Cloud Test Day coming up on 10/20.  I know we have a "how to
>>> test" page - is someone going to be making a specific list of test and
>>> accompanying matrices, and possibly fleshing out wiki test cases, for
>>> the test day?
>>>
>>> I'd like to have all of the test day stuff consolidated by Monday
>>> evening, Tuesday at the latest, into one wiki page. Everyone else (EC2,
>>> Aeolus, HekaFS) seems to be on track, just wanted to check in and see
>>> what the OpenStack plans were.
>>>
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2011-10-20_Cloud_SIG_Test_Day
>>>
>>> ^^ Page where everything will be consolidated - there are some examples
>>> of matrices, etc. listed in the page.
>>>
>>> Can someone fill us in on the status/plans?
>>
>> Mark McLoughlin and I plan to work on the wiki on Monday.
>
> I've started fleshing it out here:
>
>    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2011-10-20_OpenStack_Test_Day
>
> I figured it was best to split it out since I expect us to have a bunch
> of test cases. Will link to it from Cloud_SIG_Test_Day

I worked on this a bit more this afternoon and added content to some
more test cases as I went through the tests myself.

One interesting note is that I've done all of my testing in a virtual
machine so far, thanks to a tip from pbrady.  You just have to add
"--libvirt_type=qemu" to /etc/nova/nova.conf.  I also made sure to note
this in the instructions for the first test case that will fail if you
don't set this option (launching an instance).

--
Russell Bryant