Cloud Test Day

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Thu Sep 1 17:02:43 UTC 2011

On 09/01/2011 08:00 AM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Since there's so much cloud activity in F-16, perhaps we should organize
> a test day that covers all the various cloud bits?
>
> Looking at the schedule:
>
>    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Fedora_16_test_days
>
> I guess there's two options:
>
>    1) Ask the virt folks very nicely whether they wouldn't mind us
>       sharing their slot on 2011-09-15
>
>    2) Book the 2011-10-20 slot
I'm not sure offhand how much traffic the virt test day gets - I don't
want to wind up overwhelming the QA folks. If we did shoot for 9/15,
we'd have to do a lot of heavy lifting in the next 2 weeks as far as
coming up with test plans and instructions.

We have a number of cloud bits we can look at:

* EC2 image testing (perhaps the beta image, or the most recent RC at
that point)
* Aeolus (not sure how this plays out for testers hardware-wise)
* HekaFS
* pacemaker-cloud
* condor-cloud
* OpenStack theoretically, possibly CloudStack also
* Sheepdog (that one might actually fit into the virt test day better,
not sure though)

...but without test criteria/test matrix, or instructions, some of these
are going to be tougher than others.  So I think part of it depends on
the availability of feature owners, which over the next 2 weeks might be
rough, even if we can wrangle some help from our awesome pals in QA. :)
Thoughts?

-Robyn