Fedora EC2 image build instructions

Justin M. Forbes jforbes at redhat.com
Thu Sep 1 17:51:11 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-30 at 21:13 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> On Fri, 2011-07-29 at 15:22 -0500, Justin M. Forbes wrote:
> > A walkthrough has been posted with instructions for building your own
> > Fedora based EC2 images (both S3 and EBS backed) on the Fedora Wiki:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cloud_SIG/EC2_Creation
> >
> > As a part of this, appliance definition files have been added to the
> > cloud-kickstarts git repository fedorahosted.org:
> >
> > http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=cloud-kickstarts.git
>
> Thanks for the instructions, most helpful!
>
> I see you've got kickstart files as well as boxgrinder appliance
> definition files. What tool do you use to build from the kickstart file?

Glad you find them helpful... The kickstart files are in place for koji
builds, but should be usable with anything that uses kickstart.  I
believe koji is using appliance-creator to do the actual image builds.
Just a warning, there is some post work required for taking the images
from appliance-creator -> EC2.  Jay has been working on redoing scripts
to make them publicly consumable and they should also end up in the
cloud-kickstarts repo.

Justin