OpenStack in EPEL

Matt_Domsch at Dell.com Matt_Domsch at Dell.com
Thu Sep 1 21:11:51 UTC 2011

Quick show of hands: who cares about seeing OpenStack be in EPEL?

I've been building on the excellent work that Mirantis, then Mark McLoughlin has been doing to get OpenStack components built in rawhide, and maybe (cross your fingers) F16.  The same packages, with small tweaks, also work on RHEL.

Status here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OpenStack#OpenStack_in_EPEL

Now, before I go any further:  who is with me?   Is there pent-up user demand for OpenStack on RHEL, or service providers who are loyal to the RHEL family who would benefit from having the packages in EPEL?  Or do we expect most OpenStack users to simply use Ubuntu/Canonical or a Citrix distribution thereof?  I don't want to push packages that are likely to go unused.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch