OpenStack packaging progress

Robert Knight knight at princeton.edu
Wed Sep 14 09:39:49 UTC 2011

On 9/14/2011 4:19 AM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-09-13 at 15:27 -0400, Robert Knight wrote:
>> I tried on F16 beta (TC2).  Installation fails, since libguestfs
>> requires grub, but grub2 is installed. I uninstalled grub2, installed
>> grub, and forged on.
> libguestfs was pulled in when you installed Oz, is that it?
Unfortunately not.  Since updates-testing was already enabled, all I had
attempted was "yum install openstack-nova".  This arose at the first
step.  I believe the dependency chain is

libquestfs -> python-libguestfs -> python-nova -> openstack-nova

>> I'll probably try to rejigger it further this evening but that's as much
>> love as I can give at the moment.
I was unable to defeat rabbitmq-server's missing "rabbitmq-multi" by
moving things around.  How did it get into updates-testing if it won't
install?  Perhaps I should reinstall, disable updates-testing, and try
again.

Regards,
Robert