SSH Fingerprint

Andy Grimm agrimm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 13:56:14 UTC 2012

The SSH host keys are printed to the console during boot, so you can
use "euca-get-console-output <instance ID>" to see this.  It will have
two separate keys.  You want to add the one starting with "ssh-rsa" to
your ~/.ssh/known_hosts.  Scripting it like this worked for me:

IID=i-5b46873c  # your instance ID goes here
echo $( euca-describe-instances $IID | grep $IID | awk '{ print $4 }' ) \
$( euca-get-console-output $IID | grep ^ssh-rsa ) >> ~/.ssh/known_hosts

hope this helps.

  Andy