SSH Fingerprint

Garrett Holmstrom gholms at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 10 02:26:12 UTC 2012

On Apr 9, 2012 3:26 PM, "Alan Gutierrez" <alan at prettyrobots.com> wrote:

> Andy
>
> Thank you for responding. That is what I expected to find, the server's
ssh key printed to the console output. But, I don't see it there. Not when
using one of the Fedora 16 AMIs.

> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cloud_images
>
> Here's a gist of the output of the California hosted Fedora 16 i386 AMI
ami-25e0bc60.

> https://gist.github.com/2345554
>
> I'm using a small instance.
>
> It this something that is a known issue? Or do people generally build
their own instances using BoxGrinder?

I suspect cloud-init prints the fingerprints and then systemd eats the
output as it blindly redirects all daemons' output to syslog. That can
probably be fixed in cloud-init's unit files if that is the case.