Essex EPEL Testing

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Thu Apr 26 15:09:34 UTC 2012

On 04/26/2012 10:21 AM, Brown, David M JR wrote:

>> It looks to me like your missing qpid_hostname from the compute node, because your using qpid as the rpc backend I think rabbit_host is ignored, try qpid_hostname = <ipaddr>
>
>> That config param on the wiki needs to be updated, I'll sort that out now, I noticed also it says to start the network service on the compute node I don't think this is required (infact it might cause problems).
>> I'll run through this section of the wiki and see if anything else needs updating. If you notice anything else yourself, feel free to update the document or post here.
>
> Thanks Derek that seemed to work. However, aren't all AMQP derivatives going to have the same endpoint configuration? Why isn't amqp_host and amqp_port? Probably something for the openstack guys.

Nova has two different AMQP drivers:

   rpc_backend=nova.rpc.impl_kombu (for use with RabbitMQ)

or

   rpc_backend=nova.rpc.impl_qpid (for use with Qpid)

impl_kombu came before impl_qpid and has options with a "rabbit" prefix.
 The drivers have some options that overlap and others that don't.  We
just opted for having each one maintain its own set of options.

--
Russell Bryant