Essex EPEL Testing

Marco Sinhoreli msinhore at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 16:27:10 UTC 2012

In my opinion the reason to use sub-packages is isolated the nova services
in a solution where it could be deployed in differents servers. For
example: will be unnecessary to have in a nova-node (compute+network)
running the nova-api together or installed. Separating, we could have a
more secure environment for large deploys like Data Centers. The package
could contemplate meta-packages to full nova install and node-install, for
example.

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 1:12 PM, <Matt_Domsch at dell.com> wrote:

> The packages started out with a pile of separate subpackages, each tiny.
>  There was little benefit seen in maintaining such separation, so the
> subpackages were removed.  If there's a compelling reason to split them
> again, it can be reconsidered.
>
> --
> Matt Domsch
> Technology Strategist