openstack-essex with CentOS 6.3

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Thu Aug 9 13:56:24 UTC 2012

On 08/09/2012 09:20 AM, Vogel Nicolas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your link it’s very helpful for me.

You are welcome.  Lets keep the conversation public, as I am sure other
people will come up with the same questions

> But I had a few questions:
>
> The port number that I have to change, it’s in chapter 2.2, command
> “keystone endpoint-create…” for the internal url. Right?

That is correct.  I just discovered the error myself this past week.

> Where can I get an image of RHEL 6.2 with qcow2 extension?

No idea.  That was pre-provisioned onto the machines for the lab.  I'm
constantly looking for up-to-date images. I know that there are CirrOS
images on Dan berenger's page.  Find the link from here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_OpenStack_EPEL#Register_an_Image

http://hostname/dashboard  or possbily 0.0.0.0/dashboard will work.

> “keystone token-get” command failed. I have following output:
>  'Client' object has no attribute 'service_catalog'

This is, I think, an error that happens for a couple reasons.  It is
kind of poor failure mode, as something else has failed upstream, then
been ignored until this point.  It is possible that your
endpoint/service definitions are messed up for your keystone server.  I
saw this on devstack installes due to permissions problems, but likely
not the case here.  There is also a possibility that you have an
out-of-date Keystone client in your tree, perhaps due to previous
devstack or pip type installs.

> When I got some Warnings because some functions are deprecated, how
> can I fix it?

Deprecation warnings are fine for now.  It means that things are going
to go away in the future.  I can't tell you more precisely without
seeing more what the errors are.