openstack issue

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 18:06:48 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'll reply on the Fedora Cloud list where I would recommend you to
send further questions to reach the wider audience.
Among other cloud-related teams, Fedora Openstack team uses this list
for discussions.

2012/12/6 KADA Amine <amine.kada at hotmail.com>:
> Hello,
> We are engineer students, and we are working to deploye an openstack cloud,
> We are facing an issue,
> the problem is : we could not find the script openstack-nova-db-setup (the command is not found)

This commands in now part of openstack-utils RPM and syntax changed a bit:
openstack-db --service <service> --init|--drop [options]

So, for nova: openstack-db --service nova --init

> for information, we are following this tutorial
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2012-03-08_OpenStack_Test_Day
> and we are working on fedora 17

I'd recommend you to use updated instructions for Openstack Folsom
release https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2012-09-18_OpenStack
While Essex is in F17 official repos, there's side-repository with
Folsom packages for Fedora 17, it's describe in above test day wiki.

Cheers,
Alan