unable to get a token

Vogel Nicolas nicolas.vogel at heig-vd.ch
Wed Dec 12 07:54:26 UTC 2012

Hi,

Sorry for coming back with the same problem, but I really don't understand what is getting wrong on my install. I have CentOS 6.3 and I'm following the "Redhat Openstack Preview - Getting started guide rev. 1.0-4".
I really follow the guide step by step and at the end from the Keystone chapter, I'm unable to get a token. I created both keystonerc_admin and keystonerc_username file and can source it successfully.
After sourcing the keystonerc_username, I'm unable to display the user-list without giving the --os-endpoint and I'm completely unable to get a token.
I also created a special tenant named "Service" and assigned to it four new users (nova, glance, ec2 and swift), like described in the official Openstack Install and Deploy Manuel (from nov. 2012)
My keystonerc_username file is exactly the same as in the install-guide; I just replaced the loopback addresses with my server IP address in all the commands.
Here is the output from my terminal:

[admin at IICT-SV001 ~(keystone_username)]$ keystone user-list
Expecting an endpoint provided via either --endpoint or env[SERVICE_ENDPOINT]

[admin at IICT-SV001 ~(keystone_username)]$ keystone --os-endpoint http://10.192.75.242:35357/v2.0 user-list
+----------------------------------+----------+---------+-------+
|                id                |   name   | enabled | email |
+----------------------------------+----------+---------+-------+
| 0264bdc687d348a8b830b16be0c62629 |   ec2    |   True  |       |
| 25f3b67a98b145ad9e8f1ec2c602f400 | username |   True  |       |
| 2a6f404d17864052a14963d2fefa4ae0 |   nova   |   True  |       |
| 5ff5d5ec35a34499a5caf21d94aed8d7 |  glance  |   True  |       |
| b7b26d9a43c7496abec2fcbd1cd5d1e4 |  swift   |   True  |       |
| f7bfd7ba488f4df2b9feececa4a5f173 |  admin   |   True  |       |
+----------------------------------+----------+---------+-------+

[admin at IICT-SV001 ~(keystone_username)]$ keystone token-get
Expecting an endpoint provided via either --endpoint or env[SERVICE_ENDPOINT]

[admin at IICT-SV001 ~(keystone_username)]$ keystone --os-endpoint http://10.192.75.242:35357/v2.0 token-get
Configuration error: Client configured to run without a service catalog. Run the client using --os-auth-url or OS_AUTH_URL, instead of --os-endpoint or OS_SERVICE_ENDPOINT, for example.

[admin at IICT-SV001 ~(keystone_username)]$ echo $OS_AUTH_URL
http://10.192.75.242:5000/v2.0/

So as you can see the OS_AUTH_URL is well defined and I don't understand why I couldn't get a token. I already searched in different logs but couldn't find any answer.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Regards,
Nicolas.