future of Boxgrinder ... building cloud images

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Tue Dec 18 18:10:59 UTC 2012

On 12/18/2012 12:38 PM, R P Herrold wrote:

> I am generally aware of it as a project, and I think follow a blog on
> the matter, but not a  mailing list.  I'll remedy that and read for a
> bit.  But packaging Ruby has been a 'bear' and seemed to be 'not well
> solved' yet. I have no aversion to Ruby -- we use it on a project
> internally -- but adding random 'gems' not well understood as to
> versioning and security model, is troubling

Related, I've been mentoring students hacking on the
http://www.isitfedoraruby.com/  website to bring some sanity to the
world of the ruby platform.

Have been meaning to send an update to fedora-devel and the ruby-sig
mailing list for the longest time, but keep getting sidetracked (ya'll
know what thats like ;-) ).

  -Mo