RHEL6 - EPEL - quantum and openvswitch problem

Robert Kukura rkukura at redhat.com
Fri Dec 21 14:13:31 UTC 2012

On 12/21/2012 04:32 AM, Benoit ML wrote:
> Hello Evrybody,
>
> I'm trying to install openstack Folsom on RHEL 6, with the EPEL repos.
>
> But something goe wrong when I try to get quantum and openvswitch working.
>
> In quantum/server.log :
> 2012-12-20 17:20:59  WARNING [quantum.api.extensions] extension flavor
> not supported by plugin
> <quantum.plugins.openvswitch.ovs_quantum_plugin.OVSQuantumPluginV2
> object at 0x3789590>

This is normal - the flavor extension is implemented only by the
metaplugin, and is used to address specific sub-plugins running under it.

This log message should probably be info rather than warning level.

> In quantum/openvswitch-agent.log
> 2012-12-20 17:21:00     INFO [quantum.openstack.common.rpc.impl_qpid]
> Connected to AMQP server on pvidgsh001:5672
> 2012-12-20 17:21:00     INFO
> [quantum.plugins.openvswitch.agent.ovs_quantum_agent] Agent out of
> sync with plugin!

This log message is normal too - it just indicates that the agent is
doing an RPC to synchronize its state with the quantum server. This
always happens at startup, and can happen later.

Are you seeing other indications of a problem?

> My google search wasn't give me any solution ... Can you help me plz ?
>
> Thank you in advance !

-Bob