Quantum instructions no longer up-to-date?

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Thu Dec 27 23:12:50 UTC 2012

Thanks for the pointers. I tried adding the ENABLE_QUANTUM back in but that
just made the script fail. The second try with the unedited script and then
manually adding the quantum user succeeded though and I was able to add the
floating ip, ping the VM and ssh into it using that ip.

The only problem left now is that while I can ssh into the VM I cannot
reach the outside world from the VM. I have an internal network of
10.0.0.0/24 and an external one of 192.168.17.0/24 and the gateway ip's are
10.0.0.1 and 192.168.17.1 respectively.
Inside the VM I can ping 10.0.0.1 and 192.168.17.1 (which is configured on
br-ex) but nothing beyond that.

Doing a tcpdump on the q{br,vb,vo}715a5e89-79 I can see the ping requests
from 10.0.0.3 (internal ip of the VM) to 8.8.8.8 but I don't see them on
the physical interface. Same thing when I try to ping the ip of the Host.

Apparently the packets are unable to leave br-ex toward the host system or
the internet (I've set /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward to 1).
Any ideas what could be the problem here?

Regards,
  Dennis