Cloud SIG Meeting Minutes :: 2012-02-10

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Fri Feb 10 20:00:25 UTC 2012

Thanks for coming... see you all next week :)

Minutes:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-02-10/cloud_sig.2012-02-10-18.59.html
Log:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-02-10/cloud_sig.2012-02-10-18.59.log.html

==========================
#fedora-meeting: Cloud SIG
==========================

Meeting started by rbergeron at 18:59:58 UTC. The full logs are
available at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-02-10/cloud_sig.2012-02-10-18.59.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Welcome to the meeting, let's gather.  (rbergeron, 19:00:17)

* Feature-y statuses  (rbergeron, 19:04:00)
   * Eucalyptus is coming along; now building against groovy 1.8, some
     upgrades in rawhide caused a little blip; feature status is now
     appropriately updated  (rbergeron, 19:06:24)
   * mull kindly requests gholms to review wss4j  (rbergeron, 19:06:41)
   * axis2c review is in spot's court  (rbergeron, 19:07:28)
   * ACTION: gholms to review wss4j as requested  (rbergeron, 19:07:38)
   * essex-3 snapshots of most things, except horizon, are packaged now
     (rbergeron, 19:11:06)
   * rackerhacker is willing to pitch in and contribute a bit to the OS
     effort if help is needed  (rbergeron, 19:12:15)
   * linuxbridge plugin for quantum got merged upstream yesterday,
     package will get updated in the next few days  (rbergeron, 19:12:32)
   * openvswitch kernel module is now being built, cdub is working on
     packaging the userspace tools  (rbergeron, 19:13:02)

* EC2  (rbergeron, 19:16:01)
   * on TC2 for alpha currently, dgilmore created an image, he will
     upload to ec2 later  (rbergeron, 19:20:07)
   * ACTION: dgilmore to post amis when they are up and he can ssh in
     (rbergeron, 19:28:10)
   * ec2 images in qcow2 format are 600mb; there have been requests to
     ship ec2 images in a format people can use at home  (rbergeron,
     19:29:46)
   * rather than installing they just spin up a vm with the image
     (rbergeron, 19:30:05)
   * ACTION: dgilmore to send an email to cloudsiglist to spur discussion
     on the "how we can ship something for use at home or in other cloud
     providers"  (rbergeron, 19:33:01)
   * minimal spin is also a discussion on the spins mailing list
     (rbergeron, 19:33:20)
   * requests came from people who were also pointing at
     http://uec-images.ubuntu.com/releases/10.10/release/  (rbergeron,
     19:34:02)
   * AGREED: minimalspin/self-cloud can be alpha/beta/final, "present a
     case" if it's absolutely necessary and we'll figure it out if we
     have to at that point  (rbergeron, 19:47:27)

* Other Business  (rbergeron, 19:48:40)

Meeting ended at 19:57:05 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* gholms to review wss4j as requested
* dgilmore to post amis when they are up and he can ssh in
* dgilmore to send an email to cloudsiglist to spur discussion on the
   "how we can ship something for use at home or in other cloud
   providers"

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* dgilmore
   * dgilmore to post amis when they are up and he can ssh in
   * dgilmore to send an email to cloudsiglist to spur discussion on the
     "how we can ship something for use at home or in other cloud
     providers"
* gholms
   * gholms to review wss4j as requested
* **UNASSIGNED**