different delivery formats

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 01:27:10 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 8:42 PM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> wrote:
> I made a qcow2 format image for f17 that came
> in at 610M, i also tarred and xz compressed the f16 ec2 raw disk and
> that came in at 114M the raw disk images are 10G

For testing in Openstack Glance, I'd prefer to point users directly to
the compressed qcow2 image, instead of giving them complicated
instructions this:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_OpenStack_Nova#Downloading_Existing_Images

I've attached patches for appliance-creator (tested) and koji
(untested) which add --compress option, could you please try them out?

> so the main question here is whats the best way to make them available
> that can easily be consumed by people.

If it is too big for mirrors, then publish it at
http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/ ?

Cheers,
Alan