openstack-nova defaults in Fedora 17

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Mon Feb 20 15:51:21 UTC 2012

Hey,

For OpenStack Essex in Fedora 17, I thought it was worth discussing:

  1) Should we switch to the new --config-file format by default? I
     think we discussed this briefly before and decided we would. We
     should probably go ahead to have it settled in before the test day.

  2) I see we've added support for force_dhcp_release=True; should we
     make it the default?

  3) 'root_helper=sudo nova-rootwrap' is the default now, right? All
     the test cases still work fine? No user impact?

  4) 'rpc_backend=nova.rpc.impl_qpid' is also the default now? I think
      we had some debate about whether we should require any of the
      messaging libs by default? Did we come to a conclusion? My
      instinct it to require the default lib only

Thanks!
Mark.