openstack-nova defaults in Fedora 17

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Mon Feb 20 17:54:34 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-02-20 at 16:30 +0000, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> On 02/20/2012 03:51 PM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > For OpenStack Essex in Fedora 17, I thought it was worth discussing:
> >
> >   1) Should we switch to the new --config-file format by default? I
> >      think we discussed this briefly before and decided we would. We
> >      should probably go ahead to have it settled in before the test day.
>
> I think it makes sense to do this ASAP.
> I tried and had some issues with it.
> Are there specific commits I could cherry pick,
> or will I wait for essex-4 which is supposed
> to land on March 1st, 7 days before the test day.

You should be able to use --config-file with essex-3; if there are
specific problems, let me know and I can figure something out

Good point on the timing with essex-4 being unfortunate, but if we start
packaging release candidate tarballs (from milestone-proposed), we
should be able to have essex-4 available and working for the test day.

i.e. essex-4 is a full week before the test day and I'd expect tarballs
from milestone-proposed to be available this week or early next week.

Cheers,
Mark.