EC2 / F17 Alpha: BROKEN

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 17:02:09 UTC 2012

On 27 February 2012 09:48, Robyn Bergeron <rbergero at redhat.com> wrote:
> Apparently appliance-tools is not working properly.  This leads to either:
>
> * Cannot start doing updates for F17 until EC2 images are
> made/booting/working
> OR
> * No EC2 for F17 Alpha (because updates will be in, and EC2 F17 alpha would
> be different from Other Alphas)
>
> I'm recommending going with the latter option, simply because there is no
> criteria at all right now for making EC2 a blocker. Your (very immediate)
> thoughts are welcomed. I'm not particularly interested in slipping all of
> alpha after it met all of the shipping criteria and was announced to be
> shippable.
>
> Dennis, do you have a bug number for this (appliance-tools brokenness) yet?
>
> I'm open to future recommendations, including doing a test compose/upload of
> EC2 images so that we know this before we have a go/no-go meeting, at the
> bare minimum. Please feel free to pipe in. :D

Would it make sense to start working with FESCO and QA on "reference"
platforms. These would be items that we definitively test against to
make sure they work on (and vice versa we can exclude platforms we
can't test/work on). The reason I am asking is that looking at the ARM
situation, it would be useful to narrow down testing to a subset of
boxes versus the N+1 versions of ARM out there and for cloud it might
make sense for our starting points to do the same.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
recommend pleasant. You may quote me."  —James Stewart as Elwood P. Dowd