EC2 AMI Test Case Review Request

Justin M. Forbes jmforbes at linuxtx.org
Mon Jan 9 17:48:12 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 08:10:42AM -0700, Tim Flink wrote:
> Now that EC2 functionality is a release requirement, I've written up a
> draft test case for EC2 AMIs. I tried to keep it straight forward
> without writing a "how to use EC2" guide.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Tflink/QA:Testcase_EC2_AMI_Validation_%28draft%29
>
> I'd appreciate any suggestions or comments before moving it from a
> draft page and adding it to the release validation matrices.
>
> Tim

I would say it is good, and fairly straight forward.  The only change I
might suggest is adding "The instance is capable of installing from the
default yum repository" to expected results.  We are shipping very bare
bones instances here.  There are really 4 key requirements:

1. The system will boot
2. You can ssh into the host as ec2-user with sudo access
3. You can install packages from the yum repository
4. The system is stable in all of these tasks.

Justin