EC2 AMI Test Case Review Request

Marek Goldmann mgoldman at redhat.com
Mon Jan 9 18:54:54 UTC 2012

On 9 sty 2012, at 19:47, Tim Flink wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Jan 2012 11:39:52 -0500
> Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk at oracle.com> wrote:
>
>> Looks good to me.. thought as a first time user of AWS, the process
>> of creating an account and the verification was a bit slow.
>>
>> Also, when finally creating an account I've had no idea what to
>> actually select. I saw something about free Amazon Micro EC2
>> but no idea how to use it. Finally figured out that I am suppose
>> to use the "Classic" workflow.

[SNIP]

All of above has been covered, thanks to our friend Garrett, here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Gholms/EC2_Primer

>> Or how to add 'debug loglevel=8' to the kernel bootup? IF that is is
>> possible?
>
> I'm honestly not sure how to do that, will look into whether or not
> it's possible, though.

You need to edit the /etc/grub/menu.lst file and add what you need there. But first - you need to create your AMI to be able to do things like that. Or at least boot it once, change and reboot.

--Marek