Running horizon/dashboard from git (round 2)

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Mon Jan 16 16:51:25 UTC 2012

On 01/16/2012 09:15 AM, Derek Higgins wrote:
> Hi Cole,
>    I gave this a whirl to see how it would go and managed to get a
> running Horizon but have these two error messages in red on the main
> screen

Great, thanks for trying it out.

> Error: Unable to get service info: This error may be caused by a
> misconfigured Nova url in keystone's service catalog, or by missing
> openstackx extensions in Nova. See the Horizon README.
>
> Error: Unable to get usage info: This error may be caused by a
> misconfigured Nova url in keystone's service catalog, or by missing
> openstackx extensions in Nova. See the Horizon README.
>
> so maybe it didn't install right at all.... if you want me to try
> anything out let me know and I'll give it a go.

Might want to check the output of nova-api when it's starting, and make sure
there's a message like:

2012-01-16 11:48:05,325 AUDIT nova.api.openstack.extensions [-] Loaded
extension: ADMIN

But besides that I don't know off hand.

> One more thing, I did have some kind of authentication error trying to
> install images for the Nova install, I don't have it any more but if you
> want it I can redo the steps to see if I can get it again.

Hmm, I don't think I hit any errors following the f16 nova install steps. I'll
leave it up to you whether its worth tracking down, if it wasn't a one off we
will probably see it when we put essex packages in rawhide.

Thanks,
Cole