instance store-backed AMIs

Simon Smith simongsmith at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 15:02:26 UTC 2012

Is there a particular reason why there are not any instance
store-backed AMIs for Fedora?  I noticed that starting with Fedora 16,
there are only EBS-backed EC2 images listed at:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cloud_images

I know I could create my own, but at this stage of our project I would
much rather use a ready-to-go image.  I like the instance store-backed
AMIs because we have been relying on the extra storage provided (>100
GB), deploying multiple machines to provide redundancy.

Thanks for everyone's hard work, it is really nice to get onto recent
versions of Fedora instead of being stuck at 6 or 8!

Simon