ssh password for images

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Tue Jan 24 14:20:51 UTC 2012

Am 24.01.2012 11:39, schrieb Pádraig Brady:
 > cd novacreds
 > ssh -i nova_priv.key root at 10.0.0.2
 >
 >> Any hint, how to make a better solution is greatly appreciated. If I
 >> understand [1] correctly, this shouldn't be necessary.
 >
 > Are the ssh keys inserted into /root/.ssh in the VM?
 >
 > Are you trying this on Fedora 16?
 >
 > cheers,
 > Pádraig.

Thank you, now it's clear to me.

The script tries to inject ssh keys for the root user (which didn't
exist on this f16 machine). I wondered, where they would come from.

As a little help for others like me, who don't have ssh keys for their
root users,
euca-add-keypair nova_key > nova_key.priv
should check, if keys exist and shout out loud, if they don't.

Matthias