Fedora Torrent seeder plans and future

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Sun Jan 29 23:35:06 UTC 2012

On 01/28/2012 08:45 PM, Max Spevack wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jan 2012, Matt Domsch wrote:
>
> Responding here, but assuming that future messages will probably move
> to the cloud@ mailing list.
Ding ding ding. :) I'm cc'ing the illustrious, world-famous cloud sig
mailing list (https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/cloud for
those of you who want to get in on the action). Whoever responds there
first: You're tasked with removing advisory-board from your reply. :)

I'd love to see this mini- (or perhaps mega-, I'm not sure how enormous
the scope is here) project move forward - I wonder if this is something
we can pull together before we do F17 alpha or beta, so we can get it
tested and make sure our Beefy Miracle is kosher on AWS/S3/EC2 for
final. :) Some of that presumably depends on the bandwidth of mdomsch
and dgilmore, but there are probably bits and pieces where others can
pitch in.

Shameless advertising: If you're interested in learning about how
mirrormanager works, or interested in learning how EC2/S3/etc. work,
this is probably a great spot to learn something -- and I hear that
Cloudy Knowledge may be useful in futuretimes.