OpenStack nova package split

Robert Kukura rkukura at redhat.com
Wed Jul 25 15:07:54 UTC 2012

On 07/25/2012 06:48 AM, Alan Pevec wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Daniel P. Berrange
> <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:
>> I think I'm in favour of keeping the 'openstack-' prefix on package names too.

Is the plan to leave all the python code in the python-nova package,
with the openstack-* packages just adding init scripts, config, and
dependencies? Or is the python code being split up as well?

In quantum, the python-quantum package currently contains the quantum
core python code, but the quantum plugin python code is in the
openstack-quantum-<plugin> subpackages.

Is the current quantum approach consistent with the proposed approach
for nova?

-Bob