[Openstack] centos 6 images

Pádraig Brady P at draigBrady.com
Sun Jun 3 10:17:09 UTC 2012

On 06/03/2012 05:27 AM, Julian C. Dunn wrote:
> I've been testing out the CentOS6 images built by the folks over at Bashton:
>
> http://www.bashton.com/blog/2012/centos-6-2-ec2-ami/
>
> Looks like they've already ported cloud-init. The images work pretty
> well. Not sure who's responsible for doing all the work, otherwise we
> could just get them to contribute it back to the community.
>
> - Julian

Good find. Those SRPMs are here:
http://rpm.razorsedge.org/centos-6/bashton/www/SRPMS/
I've CC'd the rpm creator at bashton.

They seem to be based on the 0.5.15 version from amazon,
variants of which are also attached here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/cloud-init/+bug/655837

So hopefully we can get something into EPEL soon,
between the above and my quick untested attempt of packaging the latest:
http://pbrady.fedorapeople.org/cloud-init-el6/

I'm willing to review or push packages through the EPEL process.

cheers,
Pádraig.