[Openstack] centos 6 images

Garrett Holmstrom gholms at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 4 16:28:08 UTC 2012

On 2012-06-04 2:13, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> On 06/04/2012 07:19 AM, Sam Bashton wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 03, 2012 at 11:17:09AM +0100, Pádraig Brady wrote:
>>> Good find. Those SRPMs are here:
>>> http://rpm.razorsedge.org/centos-6/bashton/www/SRPMS/
>>> I've CC'd the rpm creator at bashton.
>>>
>>> They seem to be based on the 0.5.15 version from amazon,
>>> variants of which are also attached here:
>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/cloud-init/+bug/655837
>>>
>>> So hopefully we can get something into EPEL soon,
>>> between the above and my quick untested attempt of packaging the latest:
>>> http://pbrady.fedorapeople.org/cloud-init-el6/
>>>
>>> I'm willing to review or push packages through the EPEL process.
>>
>> Happy to help out without whatever you need to get these into EPEL.  All
>> I did for these was to grab the Amazon Sources and fix the Requires,
>> which IIRC contained some Amazon Linux package names.
>
> OK cool.
>
> What we might do is continue preparing the latest 0.6.x version for EPEL,
> while comparing against your built packages to ensure we've not broken anything,
> and then push any required tweaks back upstream,
> who are very receptive to changes supporting multiple distros.

Amazon's patchset is quite extensive and arguably over-engineered, but
upstream is nonetheless interested in keeping things as compatible as
possible.  You seem to have already found the upstream bug for doing
just that.  :)

I'm the cloud-init maintainer for Fedora, so if you would like help or a
co-maintainer I'm happy to give you a hand.