Added wiki instructions for Openstack on F17

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 12:41:20 UTC 2012

On 03/05/2012 07:35 AM, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> On 03/05/2012 12:31 PM, Cole Robinson wrote:
>> On 03/05/2012 04:51 AM, Alan Pevec wrote:
>>> Hi Cole,
>>>
>>> thanks for starting this! One important notice (I've edited the wiki
>>> to reflect this):
>>> in F17 default nova.conf changed from flagfile to configfile
>>> (ini-style) format
>>> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=openstack-nova.git;a=commitdiff;h=8e2e091558799cc088893df4bf83808c63502975
>>>
>>> so all echo >> nova.conf will now use openstack-config-set (script
>>> I've currently put in openstack-keystone RPM and should move to
>>> openstack-common when that's ready upstream)
>>> e.g.
>>>  echo '--libvirt_type=qemu' | sudo tee -a /etc/nova/nova.conf
>>>  openstack-config-set /etc/nova/nova.conf DEFAULT libvirt_type qemu
>>>

>> Cool, thanks! Though that git change isn't in a built package yet, so it
>> actually doesn't represent current f17 nova state.
>
> It's in the keystone package in updates-testing.
> So it'll be there soon.
> Note we're specifying updates-testing for the testday

Ah, you mean 'openstack-config-set' is in the keystone package. I meant the
fedora openstack-nova.git commit which Allan referenced, which currently isn't
in any package built for koji.

Granted I'm sure someone will push e4 nova shortly, but until then
openstack-config-set won't work on any packaged /etc/nova/nova.conf AIUI. Most
recent openstack-nova koji build is a week before that commit.

- Cole