Launching a Fedora 16 EC2 Instance

Garrett Holmstrom gholms at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 5 18:59:18 UTC 2012

On Mar 5, 2012 10:11 AM, "Juan Rodriguez" <nushio at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> I'm new to Amazon EC2 / Cloud providers in general, but I tried to set up
using Fedora's F16 Images (Available here [1]) using ami-5f16d836. It
apparently passes all of Amazon's checks, however I can't ping the instance
once it's fully set up. I decided to check the System Log and noticed this:

> Determining IP information for eth0.../etc/init.d/functions: line 58:
/dev/stderr: Permission denied /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions: line 58:
/dev/stderr: Permission denied /etc/init.d/functions: line 58: /dev/stderr:
Permission denied /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions: line 58: /dev/stderr:
Permission denied

This always happens. I am equally clueless as to what it means, but AFAIK
it doesn't break anything.

> Complete logs for both the 32 bit and 64bit images can be seen here:
>
> 32 bit: http://pastebin.com/DEcRaaDn
> 64 bit: http://pastebin.com/tvhqjJ1S
>
> Anyone had better luck using Fedora's Amazon EC2 instances? Did I do
something wrong during setup?

Did you authorize SSH access to your instance's security group?

euca-authorize -p 22 default