Launching a Fedora 16 EC2 Instance

Derek Higgins derekh at redhat.com
Fri Mar 9 10:31:57 UTC 2012

On 03/05/2012 06:10 PM, Juan Rodriguez wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> I'm new to Amazon EC2 / Cloud providers in general, but I tried to set
> up using Fedora's F16 Images (Available here [1]) using ami-5f16d836. It
> apparently passes all of Amazon's checks, however I can't ping the
> instance once it's fully set up.

Hi Juan,
    If you haven't already you'll need to create a new security group,
add a custom icmp rule and set the type to "Echo Request" so that your
pings can get through. You'll probably also want to add a tcp ssh rule
also. Then I think you'll have to restart a new instance using that group.

Hope this helps,
Derek.