OpenStack Summit/Conf. & Marketing Collateral (a two-part email!)

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Wed Mar 21 18:18:05 UTC 2012

Howdy howdy Cloud SIG pals,

This is a dual-purpose email, so if you don't care about the first part
(OpenStack Summit/Conf.) at least bear with me and skip on to the second
part :)

First:
There is a handful of folks from Fedora-land, I suspect, who will be in
attendance at the OpenStack Summit & Conference coming up April 16-20.

I've arranged for us to have some shared .org booth space at the event;
we would likely want to staff that on Thursday/Friday (the conference
portion), though my understanding is that the booth area will likely be
open all days of the week. I'll be in attendance, but would love to have
some backup. I'm not asking for anyone to spend all day, but if you can
spend an hour or two over a day or two, that would be rockin'.

I've made an event page to try and organize anything we have going on at
the event, here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OpenStackSummitConf_April2012

So if you're planning on attending, and are willing to hang at the booth
at some point, please add your name to the "Fedora Representatives"
section, and as soon as the schedule looks more firm (or published,
really) we can try and nail down a more firm schedule for boothiness.
And I also won't have to subject everyone on the Cloud SIG mailing list
to reading the hashing out of schedule details. :)

Also: I'm curious if anyone might be interested in wrangling some sort
of Fedora/OpenStack BoF, maybe Thursday night, or $someothertime? I
think it would be a good way to connect with people who might be
potential contributor types, might be willing to test, etc.

I'm planning on having a small amount of media and some stickers to give
away at the booth, but I think it would be SUPER BENEFICIAL to have some
Cloud-specific collateral to give away, since the audience for this is
obviously very targeted.

AND THUS BEGINS THE SECOND PART OF THE MAIL.

More generally, I think it would be great to have some Cloud SIG
materials available for conferences and such, not just this one.  I've
created some *incredibly* drafty brainstorming pages for two pieces of
material that we could do as flyers, or
nicer-printed-on-heavy-paper-special-sized handouts:

* Cloud SIG or Fedora in the Cloud:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cloud_Marketing_Collateral/Cloud_SIG
I'm thinking this would be more of a catch-all, "What is in Fedora that
is cloudy" handout, including EC2 info as well as some of the tooling we
have.
* OpenStack & Fedora:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cloud_Marketing_Collateral/OpenStack_in_Fedora
For this: I'm thinking "What's in F16, What's coming in F17", as well as
more generalized info ("About Fedora," "Contributing to the Cloud SIG").

So in a nutshell: If you're one of the folks working on the OpenStack
stuff, I would muchomucho appreciate your help/content/etc. in creating
this second flyer; if you're Anyone who Cares about Fedora and Cloud, I
would love your help in creating content for the first flyer listed.

Additionally, I've requested a logo for our lovely group from the Design
Team, so hopefully they can come up with something awesome.  Once we
have a good handle on content for flyers, we can probably work with the
design team to come up with something that actually looks nice in
addition to being informative.

Obviously, other flyer ideas are welcome too, the OpenStack one is
mostly to have something specific for a very narrowly-focused event.

Your feedback is welcome, as always. :D

-Robyn