SPEC file for websockify

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Fri May 11 06:43:47 UTC 2012

On 11/05/12 04:18, Adam Young wrote:
> Attached is my first stab at a Spec file for Websockify.   One thing I
> noticed is that It builds as a x86_64 arch on my machine, and should be
> a noarch.

you might want to include

BuildArch:      noarch

and should definitely replace /usr/bin and /usr/lib by rpm macros.

You also might append to setup: -n  kanaka-websockify-%{version} and
remove the later mv from prep-section.

If you like to get this reviewed, submit websockify for review and give
me a ping.

> I am building from the git hash 19a9730  but would really like to have a
> version number to build with.  We could do what Openstack is doing,  and
> use a date based number.  I guess that would make this something like
> 20120510,  But I would rather get a checkpointed release number.  I'll
> let Martin make the call.

There has been a thread about github being bad upstream. It included a
scriptlet to do a fresh checkout, tar.gz etc. Really nice. If you're
interested, I'll search for that in my .spec files.

> The end state is to remove all of the non-noVNC specific files in the
> noVNC spec file,  and to instead import websockify from here.

I don't see a problem in dividing into several packages. I'd say, it
depends on upstream. If upstream distributes one source-tarball, I'd
say, it's one package.

Matthias

--
Matthias Runge <mrunge at matthias-runge.de>