Deploying fedora infrastructure (koji) across clouds

Mo Morsi mo at morsi.org
Thu Nov 1 12:30:21 UTC 2012

On 10/31/2012 01:10 PM, Seth Vidal wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Oct 2012, Mo Morsi wrote:
>
>>> #2: Could there be a way to take a (working) nightly build, build
>>> one's package against that nightly in a personal build of some sort,
>>> and somehow have a verification process that it built in that
>>> "personal build" before it goes into rawhide, etc? (or even... unit
>>> tests, etc.)?
>>
>> Absolutely, repositories and packages can be added on the fly, and we
>> can incorporate any image already pushed to the cloud as well as build
>> new ones for our purposes.
>
> Is this a new feature in koji, then? B/c in the past adding
> repositories has been a major limiting factor in koji. Especially
> untrusted, remote repositories.

Hrm I was refering more to the repos necessary to bootstrap the cloud
instance for the koji builder. Which component imposes this limitation
on koji, the hub or the builder? Would being able to build custom cloud
images on the fly for different clouds assist with this? We are able to
do that w/ our imagefactory / oz tools (written in Python incidently [1][2])

  -Mo

[1] https://github.com/aeolusproject/imagefactory
[2] https://github.com/clalancette/oz