Deploying fedora infrastructure (koji) across clouds

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Thu Nov 1 12:32:55 UTC 2012

On 10/31/2012 01:07 PM, Seth Vidal wrote:

>> // small wrapper script around deltacloud:
>> $ wget https://raw.github.com/movitto/mycloud/master/mycloud.rb
>> $ chmod +x mycloud.rb
>>
>> // template describing kojihub cloud deployment
>> $ wget
>> https://raw.github.com/aeolus-incubator/templates/master/fedora_infra/koji/fedora-17/koji_f17.xml
>>

>> // template describing kojibuild cloud deployment
>> $ wget
>> https://raw.github.com/aeolus-incubator/templates/master/fedora_infra/koji/fedora-17/koji_builder_f17.xml
>>

>> // edit kojihub deployment to contain openstack credentials
>> $ vim koji_f17.xml
>>
>> // startup an instance on openstack w/ kojihub setup togo
>> $ ./mycloud.rb koji_f17.xml
>>

> Mo,
>  Interesting!
>
> You can orchestrate all of these steps across/between multiple systems
> using ansible: http://ansible.cc - I've been documenting spinning up and
> provisioning instances on my blog in the last week or so. You might
> take a
> look - it should solve the problem of the above needing to be so manual
> of a process and it requires nothing other than ssh be installed on the
> machine you're trying to configure/control.

Cool thanks for the info Seth. Ansible looks interesting, its a
configuration orchestration component akin to Puppet / Chef is it not?
Does it do any provisioning in itself?

The ec2_create utility on your blog seems to call out to euca2ools to do
the actual provisioning on ec2 correct? You'd still want a component
such as Deltacloud to abstractify commands to different cloud providers
would you not?

  -Mo