Status of openstack in f18?

Pádraig Brady P at draigBrady.com
Fri Nov 9 10:33:49 UTC 2012

On 11/09/2012 02:07 AM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
> On 11/09/2012 01:47 AM, Pádraig Brady wrote:
>> On 11/09/2012 12:11 AM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
>>> On 11/09/2012 12:55 AM, Pádraig Brady wrote:
>>> [SNIP]

>>> I'm going to try this right away, thanks.
>>
>> Note the new openstack-utils now does no keystone<->quantum setup at all,
>> so that horizon is happy by default. So I've just now updated:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Quantum_V2
>> to add the required quantum keystone config steps.
>
> openstack-demo-install can't really be called again and spits out lots of
> errors when I do so (it tries to recreate users and doesn't rewrite e.g.
> /etc/nova/nova.conf) so it seems wiping the data manually is the only way
> to go.
>
> Anyway after doing so with the new openstack-utils rpm I now get a
> nova-network based setup and after creating a network from the shell and
> starting an instance I can successfully ssh into it using the internal IP
> from the host.

Good stuff.

> I was unable to attach a floating ip though. I can add IPs to the pool ok
> but when I try to allocate one of the IPs for the VM with "nova
> floating-ip-create" I get a failure. The following appears in the nova api log:
> 2012-11-09 02:50:03 TRACE nova.api.openstack   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nova/api/openstack/compute/contrib/floating_ips.py",
> line 171, in create
> 2012-11-09 02:50:03 TRACE nova.api.openstack     address =
> self.network_api.allocate_floating_ip(context, pool)
> 2012-11-09 02:50:03 TRACE nova.api.openstack   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nova/network/quantumv2/api.py", line 322,
> in allocate_floating_ip
> 2012-11-09 02:50:03 TRACE nova.api.openstack     raise NotImplementedError()
> 2012-11-09 02:50:03 TRACE nova.api.openstack NotImplementedError

So the mention of quantumv2 above is surprising.
I'm unsure if you're using quantum or nova networking,
but it seems like this run you're using nova networking
but may have left stale config pertaining to quantum in
/etc/nova/nova.conf.  Please check the 'network_api_class'
option, and remove it if you are in fact using nova networking.

If you are using quantum here, there there are quantum specific
commands for setting up floating IPs at the end of:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Quantum_V2#Setup

thanks,
Pádraig.