Quantum issues with Openstack EPEL

Nux! nux at li.nux.ro
Sun Nov 18 08:57:34 UTC 2012

On 18.11.2012 08:16, Nux! wrote:
> On 18.11.2012 05:42, Gary Kotton wrote:
>> Hi Lucian,
>
> Hello Gary,
>
>>> 1. At the "Please check that the following are in
>>> /etc/quantum/l3_agent.ini" section turns out that what I had in my
>>> ini file was this:
>>> "auth_url = http://127.0.0.1:5000/v2.0/
>>> auth_region = RegionOne
>>> admin_tenant_name = admin
>>> admin_user = admin
>>> admin_password = verybadpass"
>>> I commented that out and replaced with the settings from
>>> instructions.
>>
>> Did you run the "sudo quantum-l3-setup --plugin openvswitch"?
>
> Yes!

Right, this one I solved by replacing servicepass with verybadpass in
/etc/quantum/l3_agent.ini; so the section looks like this (wiki page
should be updated):
auth_url = http://localhost:35357/v2.0/
auth_region = RegionOne
admin_tenant_name = service
admin_user = quantum
admin_password = verybadpass

>>> All the quantum/openvswitch router/soubet/etc add worked
>>> (surprisingly). But now I see the following errors:
>>>
>>> /var/log/quantum/l3-agent.log:
>>> Unauthorized: {"error": {"message": "Invalid user / password",
>>> "code": 401, "title": "Not Authorized"}}

This went away, too, apparently after fixing the file with the right
credentials.

>>> Stderr: '\ndnsmasq: cannot run lease-init script
>>> /usr/bin/quantum-dhcp-agent-dnsmasq-lease-update: No such file or
>>> directory\n'

This went away after `setenforce 0` so right now I'm running without
selinux..

I still could not launch an instance though, http://fpaste.org/rQcV/
The workaround is to do this
http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Guest_won%27t_start_-_warning:_could_not_open_/dev/net/tun_%28%27generic_ethernet%27_interface%29

Is there any fix coming? Running with these settings really makes me
uncomfortable.

Nux!
www.nux.ro