Quantum issues with Openstack EPEL

Gary Kotton gkotton at redhat.com
Sun Nov 18 11:30:46 UTC 2012

On 11/18/2012 11:39 AM, Nux! wrote:
> On 18.11.2012 09:10, Gary Kotton wrote:

>>> No, I'm using libvirt_vif_driver =
>>> nova.virt.libvirt.vif.LibvirtOpenVswitchDriver
>>>

>> Can you please update to the hybrid (I need to update the wiki). When
>> the wiki was originally written the hybrid driver was not part of the
>> folsom release. Since then it has been added.
>
> As far as I can understand the ovs driver would allow me to overcome
> the 4094 vlan limitation, I'm still struggling with understanding how
> the networking works. Would the hybrid driver allow me the same features?

The hybrid driver is the OVS driver. It was created due to the fact that
there were problems with Nova's security groups and the OVS driver that
you had installed. There is still the VLAN limitation. But when one is
using the OVS implementation one is able to define tunnels. This enables
one to break out of the limit of the VLAN.

Hope that this little bit of information helps.

Thanks
Gary