prettytable update and nova client

Pádraig Brady P at draigBrady.com
Mon Nov 19 10:58:12 UTC 2012

On 11/19/2012 09:33 AM, Belmiro Moreira wrote:
> Hi,
> after the python-prettytable update available in EPEL the openstack clients (nova, keystone) are not working giving the following error message:
> ERROR: printt
>
> Using the debug option of nova client:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/novaclient/shell.py", line 418, in main
>      OpenStackComputeShell().main(sys.argv[1:])
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/novaclient/shell.py", line 369, in main
>      args.func(self.cs, args)
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/novaclient/v1_1/shell.py", line 521, in do_list
>      formatters)
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/novaclient/utils.py", line 145, in print_list
>      pt.printt(sortby=fields[0])
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/prettytable.py", line 167, in __getattr__
>      raise AttributeError(name)
> AttributeError: printt
> ERROR: printt
>
> We are using:
> python-novaclient-2012.1-2
> python-keystoneclient-2012.1-2
> python-prettytable-0.6.1-1
>
> Should I downgrade to python-prettytable-0.5-2?

Yes, this is not ideal.

python-prettytable 0.5 and 0.6 have completely different APIs.
Now, given that the only user of prettytable within EPEL is OpenStack currently,
and the prettytable update was combined with an update to move OpenStack
to the Folsom version which requires prettytable 0.6, it was
thought best to just update prettytable to 0.6.

If you want to support OpenStack Essex on EPEL, you'll need
to use http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/openstack-essex/epel-6/
Details at: http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/openstack-essex/README
That has the appropriate version of prettytable included.

thanks,
Pádraig.