FUDCon Lawrence 2013

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 19 14:08:28 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 11:41:12AM +0100, Sandro red Mathys wrote:
> Just wondering, does this SIG plan to go to FUDCon Lawrence 2013?

Yes, at least some of us.

> If so, is there any planned program available? Looking for good reasons to
> make the trip ;)

There isn't yet. It will mostly depend on who is there -- FUDCons are
generally run as BarCamps, so instead of having a set schedule, sessions are
pitched on the first day to match the attendees.

I think, though, we'll have at least one general session on Fedora Cloud,
and then maybe other sessions depending interest. Depending on interest,
broad themes could be the four areas for Fedora cloud:

* Fedora in the Cloud -- Cloud guest images and cloud guest issues

* The Cloud on Fedora -- Cloud platforms packaged for and running on Fedora.

* The Cloud for Fedora -- The Fedora Project as a user of cloud technologies.

* Fedora as Cloud End-Point -- Desktop and mobile devices running Fedora
          connect to cloud services.

I'd like to talk about our broad strategy in each of these areas, and then
on the Hackfest days maybe we can work on some specific ideas.