Adding a compute node and quantum configurations

Gary Kotton gkotton at redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 11:26:14 UTC 2012

Hi,
Please see my inline.
Thanks
Gary

On 11/20/2012 01:14 PM, Nux! wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The quantum network side is not covered in
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_OpenStack_EPEL#Adding_a_Compute_Node
> so I'm trying to clarify this.
>
> On a second node I've followed the instructions in the wiki minus the
> network obviously since I'm running quantum+openvswitch (hybrid). I'm
> applying some of the instructions found here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Quantum_V2#Setup but when
> I'm doing "quantum-server-setup --plugin openvswitch" it's asking me
> to install mysql, the scripts should be modified to also ask if
> there's a DB running elsewhere (i.e. on the controller).

You do not need to install and run the Quantum service again. This only
needs to be run once on a "controller node"

On the compute node you need only to run the Quantum agent. Please note
that there is a utility script that you can use: quantum-node-setup

Thanks
Gary

> Anyway, I let it do its thing, install mysql and setup nova.conf, then
> modified nova.conf with the quantum section from the controller's
> nova.conf. Now my question is - in this case quantum_admin_auth_url
> and quantum_url on the node should they point to localhost or to the
> controller's address?
>
> I'm thinking quantum_admin_auth_url should point to the keystone
> service on the controller's IP and quantum_url should be
> http://localhost:9696/?
>
> Additionally:
>
> quantum.conf - qpid_hostname should point to the controller's IP

This is done by the abovementioned script
> quantum/api-paste.ini - [filter:authtoken] auth_host should be the
> controller

No need
> quantum/l3_agent.ini - auth_url should point to the controller

No need - you only need one l3 agent
> plugins/openvswitch/ovs_quantum_plugin.ini - sql_connection should be
> using the controller's mysql server

This is tread by the script. Please note that there is no access from
the agent to the quantum database. This is done via the message broker.