cloud-init update

Garrett Holmstrom gholms at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 11 16:46:24 UTC 2012

Hi, everyone,

I just pushed the final (i.e. non-snapshot) version of cloud-init
0.7.0 to F18 and rawhide, which fixes a great deal of compatibility
bugs, makes most of the plugins work properly, and allows one to
configure the users on the system using instance user-data a lot
better than previous version.  There is one fairly important change to
be aware of relative to F17's version:  this version allows you to
change the user that it creates at startup time (and in fact add even
more), so it is recommended to *not* pre-create a user when you build
the image.  What do we need to do to remove that from Fedora's cloud
image kickstart before we start building test images?

I'd like to push this to F16 and F17 as well to replace the horribly
broken versions that those operating systems shipped with.  Any
objections?

How about EPEL?  This update fixes so many issues that I believe it's worth it.

--
Garrett Holmstrom