removing NetworkManager from cloud image?

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Thu Oct 11 21:34:33 UTC 2012

> F17 is not ready for automated deployment and hands off yum updates at the
> customer's sole management -- it hangs wayy too often.
>
> In part I don't understand why F17 is so unsuitable; The move to grub2, and
> its partial completion have caused reboots to fail without warning through
> updates.  It was bad enough to induce us to remove F17 images we had
> previously made visible to end customers, as the support load exploded and
> the cusomers did not want to pay for support on a bleeding edge, and
> unfinished product.  F15 and 16 were fine (there was a niggling issue on F16
> we had to address)
>
> -- Russ herrold

Hi Russ,

This is incredibly valuable feedback. If it's not overly proprietary
information, I'd be fascinated to know what the relative support load
from various distros is over their various releases. Any chance you
track that information??
Would you mind sharing what hypervisor/container you were using.
Aside from constant reboots, post-update reboots, is there any
additional areas for testing that you found need more
attention/testing?

--David