cloud-init update

Vitaly Kuznetsov vkuznets at redhat.com
Fri Oct 12 09:27:40 UTC 2012

On 10/11/2012 06:46 PM, Garrett Holmstrom wrote:
> Hi, everyone,
>
> I'd like to push this to F16 and F17 as well to replace the horribly
> broken versions that those operating systems shipped with.  Any
> objections?

Hi Garrett,

I made simple test:
1) Install F17 AMI
2) Upgraded cloud-init to 0.7.0-1.fc18
3) Change user name in /etc/cloud/cloud.cfg
4) remove /var/lib/cloud/instances/* /var/lib/cloud/instance
5) Reboot

The major issue is: ssh key for new user is not set (new user is
created, however there is no /home/<newuser>/.ssh folder), it is
impossible to login via ssh. Unfortunatelly I can't find any failures in
/var/log/cloud-init.log, looks like it is not performed at all.

Am I missing something?

--
Vitaly Kuznetsov, Cloud QE