fedora desktop / cloud integration

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Wed Oct 24 14:47:30 UTC 2012

At today's Fedora Cloud SIG meeting, we discussed something akin to this
[1] but for cloud instances. Deltacloud [2] could be used to manage
connections to different clouds and we can provide a simple gui dialog
to configure providers. This would simplify the Fedora desktop / cloud
integration experience and make deploying to the cloud from Fedora
completely seamless.

Matt Miller suggested we add a feature but unfortunately I'm short on
cycles, though it was mentioned that if we can come up with a good story
/ proposal for Fedora 19, something might be able to be arraigned. We
also can see about pulling in the gnome design and implementation teams
to help us out with this story.

Thoughts? Unless there are any strong objections, I'll write up a formal
story / proposal for the Fedora wiki and we can take it from there.

  -Mo

[1] http://blogs.gnome.org/mclasen/2012/09/07/a-look-at-gnome-boxes/
[2] http://deltacloud.apache.org/