fedora desktop / cloud integration

Michal Fojtik mfojtik at redhat.com
Wed Oct 24 15:32:19 UTC 2012

On 10/24/2012 05:26 PM, Mo Morsi wrote:
> On 10/24/2012 11:22 AM, Michal Fojtik wrote:
>> On 10/24/2012 04:47 PM, Mo Morsi wrote:
>>> At today's Fedora Cloud SIG meeting, we discussed something akin to this
>>> [1] but for cloud instances. Deltacloud [2] could be used to manage
>>> connections to different clouds and we can provide a simple gui dialog
>>> to configure providers. This would simplify the Fedora desktop / cloud
>>> integration experience and make deploying to the cloud from Fedora
>>> completely seamless.
>>
>> Mo, I have done something like this (not a desktop app but sinatra app):
>>
>> https://github.com/mifo/cpp
>>
>> I also made a short screencast to demo it: https://vimeo.com/51806624
>>
>> We can extend it and package it to fit nicely into fedora.
>
> This is awesome Michal, would we be able to get this into Fedora 19? (I
> can write up the feature today and we can start working on promoting
> deltacloud / gnome-shell integration).

The packaging of this will be a small exercise:

gem 'data_mapper'
gem 'dm-serializer'
gem 'dm-constraints'
gem 'dm-sqlite-adapter'
gem 'resque'
gem 'resque-scheduler'
gem 'time-ago-in-words', :require => 'time-ago-in-words'

This stuff will need to be packaged, but I don't see any blocker here.
App itself can be packaged as Deltacloud API
(/usr/share/deltacloud-core) and integrated with Gnome (launchers,
extensions, etc).

Unfortunately I don't have too much spare time to work on this :/
So if we find someone else to help us that will be awesome.

   -- Michal
--

Michal Fojtik <mfojtik at redhat.com>
Deltacloud API, CloudForms